When the Levoit air purifier runs competently for a long time, it’s normal that someday you’ll have to reset its filter light. You’ll have to do so for a lot of reasons, like after replacing your old filter, or if there’s a blinking red light, or if all the lights are on.
The filter light on the Levoit air purifier can easily be reset by hitting and holding the reset button for three to five secs until the light turns off. The reset button’s location will differ depending on the model, but on the majority of Levoit air purifiers, it’s the sleep mode or check filter indicator button, or it’s situated in the vent on the air purifier’s side.
In this guide, we provide a step-by-step guide on how to reset the Levoit air purifier, how you can replace filters, and how you can clean off the dust on your purifier sensor. We also talk about the meanings of different light colors that you might see on the LED display and why, at times, the red light would not turn off.
- What Is CARB Certification & Why It Is Must For Air Purifiers?
- How To Properly Clean A Levoit Core Air Purifier?
- How To Reset A GermGuardian Air Purifier?
How Does The Levoit Air Purifier Actually Work?
The Levoit air purifier makes use of 3 filtration stages to eliminate diverse types of air contaminants and offer fresh air to you.
- The 1st stage is the pre-filter, which is frequently made of nylon. It traps big particles such as pet fur, lint, dust, hair, and fibers. This stage maximizes the True HEPA filter’s lifespan.
- The 2nd stage has the True HEPA filter, which gets rid of over ninety-nine percent of small air particles of micron sizes. It takes care of the air particles such as allergens, dust particles, mold spores, mites, and smoke.
- The 3rd filtration stage has a high-efficiency activated carbon filter that traps fumes, odors, and smoke from the atmosphere. The chemical compounds such as volatile organic compounds, hydrogen sulfide, formaldehyde, ammonia, and benzene are all eliminated in this final stage.
The Levoit air purifier assists you in making a healthier house and makes fresh air an everyday reality. It’s a small machine that efficiently cleans the air with accurate filtration mechanisms and is simple to set up and adjust to fit your requirements.
How To Reset The Levoit Air Purifier Filter Light?
The air purifier by Levoit has a check-filter indicator that illuminates as a reminder to check the filter life. At times it denotes you need to replace your current filter, and the majority of times, you just have to confirm that the filter is in great shape. So once you have done that, you will have to reset your air purifier for the indicator to start a new running cycle. Here’s how to reset the air purifier filter light:
- First of all, make certain the purifier is plugged in and switched on.
- Then, find the reset button on the purifier device.
- After that, press and hold that button for about 3-5 secs until the light goes off.
Once its light is off, the check-filter indicator is successfully reset and will start a new reading cycle for the subsequent automated notification.
How To Replace The Filter?
There are times when you do have to change your filter before resetting your air purifier. It could be because it’s reached the suggested timeframe for replacement or because it broke down as it ought to. Follow the below steps for replacing the filter.
- First off, switch off and unplug your Levoit air purifier.
- After that, take out the back cover of your device.
- Then, remove the old filters from the housing in your machine and dispose of them appropriately.
- Next, clean out your purifier for dust and other particles utilizing your vacuum hose. Don’t make use of water to clean.
- Now, unwrap your new filters, and put them into the housing.
- Put the back cover > plug in your air purifier.
- The light ought to come on automatically. If it does not, reset by simply pressing down on the reset button for some seconds until the light comes on > press down again until the indicator light switches off.
Keep in mind that you desire the light to be switched off since on denotes checking the filter. This check-filter light is a helpful maintenance feature for the Levoit air purifier. It keeps you updated on the filter lifespan and reminds you when it is time for a replacement.
Where’s The Filter Reset Button On The Levoit Air Purifier?
The reset button on the Levoit air purifier varies by model. There are numerous possible locations for it. It can be the sleep mode button with the crescent symbol on the air purifier’s LED display, the power button, or the check-filter indicator button on its LED display.
Here is a short highlight of the filter reset button’s location on diverse Levoit air purifier models. Feel free to visit Levoit.com and Amazon for more details.
|S/N||Levoit Air Purifier Model||Filter Reset Button Location|
|1.||Core P350 Pet Care True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator|
|2.||Core 300S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier||The sleep mode indicator|
|3.||Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator on the display|
|4.||Core 200S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier||The Sleep Mode button (crescent symbol)|
|5.||LV-H133 Tower True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter button|
|6.||LV-H132 Personal True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator|
|7.||LV-H128 Desktop True HEPA Air Purifier||The control button|
|8.||LV-H126 Personal HEPA Air Purifier||No resetting is required. Utilize the filter reminder wheel for monitoring the filter replacement|
|9.||LV-PUR131S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier||Black Filter Indicator Reset Button in the vent on the air purifier’s side. Utilize a small flathead screwdriver, paperclip, or other small object for pressing on it.|
|10.||LV-PUR131 True HEPA Air Purifier||Black Filter Indicator Reset Button in the vent on the air purifier’s side|
|11.||LV-H135 Console True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator on the LED display|
|12.||LV-H134 Tower Pro True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator on the LED display|
|13.||Vital 100 True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator|
|14||Vista 200 True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator|
|15.||VeSync Core 400S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier||The check filter indicator|
|16.||PlasmaPro 400S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier||The sleep button on the LED display|
Why Has The Filter Light On The Levoit Air Purifier Be Reset?
The check filter light on the Levoit air purifier is the automated feature that switches on, in the color red, at intervals. It has to be reset so that it can easily refresh the monitoring session on the air filter and tell you at the end of the subsequent interval. Other causes why you’d have to reset the Levoit air purifier comprise:
- The display isn’t functioning as expected.
- All lights, check filter indicator, and air quality indicator are switched on in the LED display section.
- You have been running the purifier in a heavily contaminated area, and the purifier is not filtering out particles from the air as anticipated. It’d need a filter replacement and then resetting of the device.
- You replaced your old filter.
- If, after replacing the filter, the light didn’t turn on automatically.
- The machine is beeping incessantly.
The Levoit Air Purifier: Light Colors, And Their Meaning:
The Levoit air purifier takes 5-30 seconds to detect the air quality every time it’s switched on. Each model of the Levoit air purifier comes with the air quality indicator rings on its LED display feature.
It makes use of an automatic sensor for displaying the air quality; the sensor utilizes infrared light to detect airborne particles. The default color at the initial switch is blue, and after some seconds, the color on the rings changes based on the noticed air quality.
The Levoit air purifier’s auto mode permits the fan speed to be regulated automatically based on the quality. The lower the air quality detected, the higher its fan speed will be. Other colors that might be shown are green, red, or orange/yellow.
- A blue light denotes a very good quality of air, and the fan will be in sleep mode since there is no pollutant to get rid of.
- A green light denotes good air quality, and its fan speed will be low.
- An orange or yellow color denotes that the quality of air is moderate and the fan speed will be medium.
- A red light means that the air quality is bad and that the fan speed will be high for efficiently cleaning the air.
Why Is The Red Light On The Levoit Air Purifier Blinking?
The blinking red light on the Levoit air purifier simply denotes checking the life of its filter. You can switch it off by simply resetting the system.
Why Would The Levoit Air Purifier Red light Not Switch Off?
If the Levoit air purifier’s air quality indicator is stuck on red, then it’s possible that dirt has built up in the device’s sensor. You can clean the dirt sensor in the machine by following the below steps:
- First of all, switch off and unplug your air purifier.
- Then, open the cover on the dust sensor; check the user manual to find the dust sensor.
- After that, make use of a cotton swab dipped in some clean water to clean the sensor lens.
- Now, dry the sensor using a clean, dry cotton swab.
- Then, close the sensor.
If the red light is on the check filter indicator, you can either change the filter or reset your machine. Or simply reset it without changing its filter. You can also try to unplug the machine and leave it to rest for around half an hour.
Then re-plug and check if the filter red light is gone. If this issue persists after you’ve tried all such options, you will need to contact the customer support at Levoit utilizing any of the options (mail or call).
Levoit air purifiers are helpful providers to clean air and are one of the top air filters you will locate. At times you may encounter issues while operating the purifier. Replacing its filter and resetting the machine resolves the majority of the problems you will come across.
We hope that this guide has effectively answered your questions on how you can reset your Levoit air purifier. If, after following the given steps, you still come across some operation problems, get in touch with Levoit for customer support.