Air purifiers assist in keeping the house healthy and clean. However, it is simple to ignore necessary, routine air purifier maintenance. Occasionally, the technologies that clean the homes need a bit of cleaning! Cleansing the air purifiers frequently adds to their life and maximizes the number of allergens and toxins removed from the air.
How Can You Clean A Permanent Or Washable HEPA Filter On The Air Purifier?
Many top-rated air purifier companies comprise a washable HEPA filter that you can wash and reuse. You can clean the HEPA filter with a soft brush and a vacuum attachment. Gently vacuum your filter to remove any debris or dust built upon it.
Once you have swept your filter, make use of your soft brush attachment for lightly brushing away any remaining grime. Lastly, rinse your filter with cool water and permit it to air dry fully before putting it back in the air purifier.
If the HEPA filter is dirty, you might have to soak it in some warm water and white vinegar for around thirty minutes before cleaning it. It’ll assist in loosening any stubborn grime or dirt so that it is simpler to get rid of. After soaking your filter, follow the given above for vacuuming and brushing it clean before washing and drying.
Cleaning the HEPA filter frequently will assist in keeping the air purifier running competently and stop build-up that can damage your device. Be certain to check the air purifier’s owner’s manual for particular directions on how frequently to clean your filter and any other suggested maintenance.
- What Is A Water-Based Air Purifier?
- Do Air Purifiers Help With Radon Gas?
- Do Air Purifiers Reduce Dust? (Explained)
HEPA Filter Cleaning Directions:
- First of all, unplug the air purifier before starting any maintenance.
- Make use of the vacuum’s brush attachment to get rid of any dirt or dust from the device’s exterior. Be certain to clean around all openings and vents. Inspect the pre-filter (if the model has one) and HEPA filter for debris and dirt. Such filters can frequently be taken out and washed with water and mild detergent, then allowed to air dry completely before being put back. Check the owner’s manual for particular directions on cleaning the filters.
- Make use of the sponge or soft cloth for wiping down the interior surfaces of your unit, utilizing the mild detergent if essential.
- For disinfecting and deodorizing the air purifier, mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in the bowl. Make use of a soft cloth soaked in the solution for wiping down all the interior surfaces of your unit. Let it air dry ultimately before plugging your purifier back in.
Cleaning the air purifier frequently will assist it in working more efficiently and last longer. Follow the given steps and enjoy breathing easier in a healthy, clean house!